RCP - II Per Diem
RCP - II Per Diem
We hold Valley Children’s Healthcare mission close to our heart and look for candidates who can help us fulfill our vision of becoming the nation’s best children’s hospital. Our Mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive healthcare services to children, regardless of their ability to pay, and to continuously improve the health and well-being of children. We’re a dedicated staff committed to the highest quality of pediatric care in our tertiary care center and surrounding community.
SUMMARY: This position is accountable for managing the respiratory needs of patients in the Emergency, Acute Care and Critical Care units with consistency and a moderate degree of independence under the direction of the Medical Director. The incumbent delivers patient care in an efficient manner within the scope of the Respiratory Care Practice Act and Valley Children's Hospital policies.
More detailed information regarding the job duties:
- Administering respiratory care to infants and children with acute and chronic disease states in all areas of the hospital, to include critical care, inpatient, and emergency settings.
- Applying and monitoring mechanical ventilation to include advanced modalities and high frequency ventilation. (HFOV, HFPV, HFJV)
- Communicating with the interprofessional care team, patients, and their family members.
- Participating in professional development and opportunities for advancement within departmental career ladder, including:
- Critical Care Air/Ground Transport
- ECMO Specialist
- Delivery Room Resuscitation Team
REQUIREMENTS: This position requires: A) graduation from an AMA approved respiratory care program with an Associate of Science Degree (AS not required if licensed prior to 7/1/00), Bachelor's degree in Respiratory Therapy program preferred; B) an active California Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license; C) a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care; D) a certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) credentialed through the NBRC-National Board for Respiratory Care for Cardiopulmonary Lab incumbents only; E) Life Support Certifications (see specifics below); F) a minimum of 1 year full time equivalent respiratory therapy experience or 6 months pediatric experience in an area of practice; G) mastery of the RCP I performance standards and accompanying competencies; and H) completion of Unit-Based Orientation and competencies. Bilingual skills desirable. Two years experience preferred.
Life Support Certifications Required: 1) HeartCode Basic Life Support (BLS); 2) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months; 3) Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 6 months: NICU area only.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Patient centric - attentive to the well-being of the patient and family.
- Mission driven - leading you to share in our excitement for our organization and community.
- Team player - work collaboratively with your fellow care providers.
POSITION DETAILS: Per Diem position to include as needed hours. Shift to be determined.
LOCATION: Madera, CA